INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USAGE
College Hill collects data about activities that does not personally or directly identify users visiting this website, the website of entities for which we serve advertisements (our “Advertisers”), or the websites and online services where we display advertisements (“Publishers”). This information may include the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, the products you purchase, or your location information associated with your IP address. We use the information we collect to serve you more relevant advertisements (referred to as “Retargeting”). We collect information about where you saw the ads we serve you and what ads you clicked on.
We do not target ads to you based on sensitive personal data, such as information related to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, trade union membership, physical or mental health or condition. Where permitted by law, we may work with companies to show you more relevant ads based on perceived interest in these topics.
College Hill may target ads based on data provided by Advertisers or partners alone or in combination with the data we collect. Any data used to serve targeted advertisements is de-identified and is not used to personally or directly identify you. We require third parties, including Publishers, to provide notice and obtain appropriate consent, where required by applicable law.
THIRD PARTIES ON WEBSITE AND ADVERTISERS' WEBSITES
In order to allow College Hill and our Advertisers to reach the best inventory online, we work with third party advertising companies (our “Advertising Partners”) to help us recognize you and serve relevant advertisements to you when you visit a website or online service in their network. We also work with Advertising Partners who help us recognize you across different devices in order to show you relevant advertisements. Our Advertising Partners may collect information about your activities on our website, our Advertisers’ websites, and other websites or online services in their networks. We work with third party companies to assist with website analytics, such as evaluating the use and operation of our website so that we can continue to enhance the website and our services.
TECHNOLOGIES USED BY COMPANY AND THIRD PARTY PARTNERS
College Hill uses technologies, such as cookies and pixels, to keep track of activities on our website and our Advertiser’s websites, and to serve you more relevant advertisements. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your device for record-keeping purposes. Session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device for an extended period of time. We and our third party partners use session cookies and persistent cookies to make it easier for you to navigate and enhance the experience of our site, and to monitor and evaluate our website’s operation and use.
We use persistent cookies to keep track of activities when you visit our website or our Advertisers’ websites, and to serve you relevant advertisements. Our Advertising Partners place persistent cookies on your device when you visit our website or our Advertisers’ websites in order to help us recognize you and serve relevant advertisements to you when you visit their website or online service or websites in their networks. Per our policy, our Advertising Partners only collect information that does not personally or directly identify you via these cookies and we will cease working with partners found violating this policy. You can remove cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. You may also decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING RELEVANT ADVERTISEMENTS
We believe in giving you control over ads you see. You may opt out of having your data collected from this device for the purpose of receiving retargeted ads from College Hill (whether served by us or on our behalf). You may also opt out of receiving relevant ads from some of our Advertising Partners. If you delete your cookies, you will need to opt out again. If you use multiple browsers or devices, you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
Where required by applicable law, we obtain individuals’ consent for storing and receiving information collected via technologies, such as cookies and pixels, to keep track of your activities on our website and our Advertisers' websites, and to serve you more relevant advertisements.
College Hill uses the Evidon assurance platform to comply with the cross-industry Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising, as managed by the DAA. As part of this service, College Hill’s online advertisements and website are sometimes delivered with icons that help consumers understand how their data is being used and provide consumers choice regarding the ads that they receive.
HOW INFORMATION IS SHARED
We may share your information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. We may share your information with service providers who assist us with serving relevant ads to you. We require by contract that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- We may share aggregated non-identifiable information with Publishers or our Advertisers, such as the number of users who visit a Publisher website or the number of users who clicked on a particular advertisement. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the website publishers that you visit to learn about their data collection practices. We do not provide information to our Advertisers about your activities. However, when you view or interact with a retargeted ad, the Advertiser may infer that you engaged in the activities on its site that qualified you to receive the ad.
- Companies with whom College Hill may merge
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so
- We may share information about you if necessary to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of College Hill or others
After 14 months from the date of collection, we de-identify the data that we collect by removing unique identifiers and truncating IP addresses.